Note: This is an archived Handbook entry from 2016.
|Year and Campus:||2016 - Parkville|
|Fees Information:||Subject EFTSL, Level, Discipline & Census Date|
|Duration & Credit Points:||100 credit points taken over 12 months full time. This course is available as full or part time.|
See each specialisation
Graduate School of Humanities and Social Sciences
Currently enrolled students:
- Further information: http://graduate.arts.unimelb.edu.au/
- Contact: 'Make an enquiry' at http://graduate.arts.unimelb.edu.au/degrees/20-advanced-graduate-diploma-in-arts
The Graduate Diploma in Arts (Advanced) allows you to undertake a minor research subject and coursework subjects in a specialist field of study at an advanced level. This course is equivalent to an Arts Honours program if the thesis component is taken. It serves as prerequisite entry to a Masters by Research or PhD for those who have not completed a four-year Arts (Honours) degree in the relevant area.
Students who complete the Graduate Diploma in Arts (Advanced) should:
|Course Structure & Available Subjects:||
Total 100 points in one area of specialisation.
Refer to each specialisation for the requirements.
1. In order to be considered for entry, applicants must have completed:
Meeting these requirements does not guarantee selection.
2. In ranking applications, the Selection Committee will consider:
3. The Selection Committee may seek further information to clarify any aspect of an application in accordance with the Academic Board rules on the use of selection instruments.
4. The minimum English language requirements for this course are Band 6.5
|Core Participation Requirements:||
For the purposes of considering requests for Reasonable Adjustments under the Disability Standards for Education (Cwth 2005), and Students Experiencing Academic Disadvantage Policy, academic requirements for this course are articulated in the Course Description, Course Objectives and Generic Skills of this entry. The University is dedicated to provide support to those with special requirements. Further details on the disability support scheme can be found at the Disability Liaison Unit website: http://www.services.unimelb.edu.au/disability/
Students who complete this course may be eligible for entry into:
Graduate Diploma in Arts (Advanced) graduates will acquire transferable skills in the following areas:
Please see http://learningandteaching.unimelb.edu.au/curriculum/graduates for further information.
|Links to further information:||http://www.arts.unimelb.edu.au/graduate/|
Download PDF version.