Note: This is an archived Handbook entry from 2015.
|Year and Campus:||2015 - Southbank|
|Fees Information:||Subject EFTSL, Level, Discipline & Census Date|
|Duration & Credit Points:||50 credit points taken over 12 months part time.|
Dr Laura Woodward
Faculty of the VCA & MCM Student Centre
Ground Floor, Elisabeth Murdoch Building (Bldg 860)
234 St Kilda Road, Southbank, 3006
Phone: 13 MELB (13 6352)
This course is designed for students who have completed a degree and wish to further develop interests and skills in the visual arts. It will also serve as a refresher course for some professionals (e.g. teachers) and improve the competitiveness of those seeking entry to the Master of Contemporary Art. The course will provide appropriate practical and theoretical coursework elements through studio workshops and studies in art history and theory.
The objectives of this course are to:
• provide students with an opportunity to extend their critical interest and technical skills in the disciplines of visual art;
• develop student facility with their selected visual art materials and methods appropriate to postgraduate entry level through studio workshops and supervised studio practice;
• develop awareness of professional studio and critical practices that comprise the contemporary art profession;
• demonstrate through critical writing and discussion the capacity to articulate judgements and opinions that reflect an understanding of the field.
|Course Structure & Available Subjects:|| |
Qualification for the award requires satisfactory completion of all core subjects and 50 credit points.
Graduate Certificate in Visual Art
Study Period Commencement:
1. In order to be considered for entry, applicants must have completed:
|Core Participation Requirements:||
For the purposes of considering request for Reasonable Adjustments under the Disability Standards for Education (Cwth 2005), and Students Experiencing Academic Disadvantage Policy, academic requirements for this subject are articulated in the Subject Description, Subject Objectives, Generic Skills and Assessment Requirements of this entry.
|Further Study:|| |
Students who successfully complete this course will be eligible to apply fo the Master of Contemporary Art (coursework).
At the completion of the course students should be able to:
• demonstrate capacities for artistic imagination, creativity, transformation and interpretation;
• demonstrate a flexible and innovative approach to the national and international challenges for the professional visual artist in the 21st century;
• demonstrate an open, independent and inquiring attitude towards contemporary cultural developments and new ideas.
|Links to further information:||http://vca.unimelb.edu.au/gradcertva|
Download PDF version.