Note: This is an archived Handbook entry from 2009. Search for this in the current handbook
|Dates & Locations:|| |
This subject has the following teaching availabilities in 2009:Semester 2, - Taught on campus.
Timetable can be viewed here. For information about these dates, click here.
|Time Commitment:||Total Time Commitment: Not available|
|Recommended Background Knowledge:||None|
|Non Allowed Subjects:||None|
|Core Participation Requirements:||
For the purposes of considering request for Reasonable Adjustments under the Disability Standards for Education (Cwth 2005), and Student Support and Engagement Policy, academic requirements for this subject are articulated in the Subject Overview, Learning Outcomes, Assessment and Generic Skills sections of this entry.
It is University policy to take all reasonable steps to minimise the impact of disability upon academic study, and reasonable adjustments will be made to enhance a student's participation in the University's programs. Students who feel their disability may impact on meeting the requirements of this subject are encouraged to discuss this matter with a Faculty Student Adviser and Student Equity and Disability Support: http://services.unimelb.edu.au/disability
CoordinatorDr Toong-Khuan Chan
This subject will examine management issues relating to contemporary businesses within the construction industry. Major theories and models of organisations will be explored. The subject will investigate the role of the manager as well as corporate strategies to achieve competitive advantage. In particular the following topics will be explored: business analysis, decision making, innovation, negotiation, leadership, ethical decision making, capabilities, competencies and corporate social responsibility. Concepts such as organisational learning, knowledge management, relationship marketing, operations management, supply chain management and differentiation strategies will be presented.
On completion of this subject, students should be able to:
One two-hour examination (40%) and 3 assignments, each worth 20% with due dates spreads across the semester (total 60%). Regardless of assignment results, a minimum mark of 40% has to be achieved in the examination in order to pass this subject.
|Breadth Options:|| |
This subject is not available as a breadth subject.
|Fees Information:||Subject EFTSL, Level, Discipline & Census Date|
Upon successful completion of this subject students will have had the opportunity to develop the following generic skills:
|Links to further information:||http://www.abp.unimelb.edu.au/environments-and-design-students/melbourne-school-of-design-students.html|
Master of Construction Management |
Download PDF version.