Note: This is an archived Handbook entry from 2015.
|Year and Campus:||2015 - Parkville|
|Fees Information:||Subject EFTSL, Level, Discipline & Census Date|
|Duration & Credit Points:||112.50 credit points taken over 12 months full time. This course is available as full or part time.|
Melbourne Business School
200 Leicester Street
Carlton Victoria 3053 Australia
Tel: 61 3 9349 8200
The Graduate Diploma in Marketing aims to equip managers from any functional area or industry with an in-depth understanding of markets, marketing decision variables, and the market oriented organisation.
The Graduate Diploma in Marketing aims to equip managers from any functional area or industry with an in-depth understanding of markets, marketing decision variables, and the market oriented organisation
|Course Structure & Available Subjects:||
The course comprises nine subjects, three of which are compulsory General Management subjects (two units plus two full subjects). Three are compulsory Marketing subjects and the remainder are Marketing elective subjects. The program must be completed within two years, that is, within eight consecutive terms.
|Subject Options:|| |
Study Period Commencement:
January, March, June, August, September
January, March, June, September
April, July, September
January, April, September
January, July, September
The remaining three subjects must be chosen from a range of marketing electives and might include existing subjects such as:
Study Period Commencement:
January, June, September
Not offered in 2015
1. In order to be considered for entry, applicants must have completed:
• an undergraduate degree; and
• two years of full-time work experience; and
• a personal statement outlining why they wish to be considered for the course.
Applicants are also required to nominate referees.
Meeting these requirements does not guarantee selection.
2. In ranking applications, the Selection Committee will consider:
• prior academic performance; and
• the professional experience; and
• the personal statement; and
• the referee reports
3. The Selection Committee may seek further information to clarify any aspect of an application in accordance with the Admission and Selection into Course Policy.
4. Applicants are required to satisfy the university’s English language requirements for postgraduate courses. For those applicants seeking to meet these requirements by one of the standard tests approved by the Academic Board, performance band 6.5 is required.
|Core Participation Requirements:||
For the purposes of considering request for Reasonable Adjustments under the Disability Standards for Education (Cwth 2005), and Student Support and Engagement Policy, academic requirements for this subject are articulated in the Subject Overview, Learning Outcomes, Assessment and Generic Skills sections of this entry.
It is University policy to take all reasonable steps to minimise the impact of disability upon academic study, and reasonable adjustments will be made to enhance a student's participation in the University's programs. Students who feel their disability may impact on meeting the requirements of this subject are encouraged to discuss this matter with a Faculty Student Adviser and Student Equity and Disability Support: http://services.unimelb.edu.au/disability
Download PDF version.