Note: This is an archived Handbook entry from 2015.
|Year and Campus:||2015 - Parkville|
|Fees Information:||Subject EFTSL, Level, Discipline & Census Date|
|Duration & Credit Points:||50 credit points taken over 6 months full time. This course is available as full or part time.|
Phone: 13 MELB (13 6352)
The Graduate Certificate in Arts (Advanced) allows students to undertake coursework subjects in a specialist field of study at an advanced level.
The Graduate Certificate in Arts (Advanced) provides:
|Course Structure & Available Subjects:||
Total 50 points in one area of specialisation.
Refer to each specialisation for the requirements.
1. In order to be considered for entry, applicants must have completed:
• an undergraduate degree in a cognate discipline with a weighted average mark of at least H2B (70%) or equivalent
Meeting these requirements does not guarantee selection.
2. In ranking applications, the Selection Committee will consider:
• prior academic performance; and
• relevance of previous studies.
3. The Selection Committee may seek further information to clarify any aspect of an application in accordance with the Admission and Selection into Course Policy.
4. The minimum English language requirements for this course are Band 6.5.
|Core Participation Requirements:||
For the purposes of considering requests for Reasonable Adjustments under the Disability Standards for Education (Cwth 2005), and Students Experiencing Academic Disadvantage Policy, academic requirements for this course are articulated in the Course Description, Course Objectives and Generic Skills of this entry. The University is dedicated to provide support to those with special requirements. Further details on the disability support scheme can be found at the Disability Liaison Unit website: http://www.services.unimelb.edu.au/disability/
Students who complete this course may be eligible for entry into:-
Students who complete the Graduate Certificate in Arts (Advanced) should:
|Links to further information:||http://www.arts.unimelb.edu.au/graduate/|
Download PDF version.