Note: This is an archived Handbook entry from 2011.
|Dates & Locations:|| |
This subject has the following teaching availabilities in 2011:Semester 2, Parkville - Taught on campus.
Timetable can be viewed here. For information about these dates, click here.
|Time Commitment:||Contact Hours: 2 hours of seminars per week plus a film screening |
Total Time Commitment: 2 contact hours/week, 8 additional hours/week. Total of 10 hours per week.
|Prerequisites:||Admission to the postgraduate diploma or fourth-year honours in French.|
|Recommended Background Knowledge:||None|
|Non Allowed Subjects:||None|
|Core Participation Requirements:||
For the purposes of considering request for Reasonable Adjustments under the Disability Standards for Education (Cwth 2005), and Students Experiencing Academic Disadvantage Policy, academic requirements for this subject are articulated in the Subject Overview, Objectives, Assessment and Generic Skills sections of this entry.
It is University policy to take all reasonable steps to minimise the impact of disability upon academic study, and reasonable adjustments will be made to enhance a student's participation in the University's programs. Students who feel their disability may impact on meeting the requirements of this subject are encouraged to discuss this matter with a Faculty Student Adviser and the Disability Liaison Unit: http://www.services.unimelb.edu.au/disability/
CoordinatorDr Andrew Mcgregor
ContactDr Veronique Duche-Gavet
This subject is designed to allow students to develop their analytical and research skills in a particular area of French cinema. Students may choose to analyse a French film, the work of a French film director, French film criticism, a French film genre, or specific themes or theoretical issues in French cinema. Students will present their research in French in both oral and written form by means of class presentations, class discussions, online discussion forum contributions and essay writing.
One 30 minute class paper 30% (due during semester), contributions to online discussion forum totalling 1000 words 20% (due during semester), one research essay 50% (due at the end of semester).
This subject has the following hurdle requirements:
|Prescribed Texts:|| |
Materials supplied by the department.
|Breadth Options:|| |
This subject is not available as a breadth subject.
|Fees Information:||Subject EFTSL, Level, Discipline & Census Date|
Graduate Diploma in Arts (French) |
Download PDF version.