Note: This is an archived Handbook entry from 2011.
|Dates & Locations:|| |
This subject is not offered in 2011.
|Time Commitment:||Contact Hours: Fieldwork of approximately 120 hours |
Total Time Commitment: Fieldwork of approximately 120 hours.
|Recommended Background Knowledge:||None|
|Non Allowed Subjects:||None|
|Core Participation Requirements:||
For the purposes of considering requests for Reasonable Adjustments under the Disability Standards for Education (Cwth 2005), and Students Experiencing Academic Disadvantage Policy, academic requirments for this subject are articulated in the Subject Description, Subject Objectives, Generic Skills and Assessment Requirements of this entry.
ContactFaculty of the VCA and Music Student Centre
Tel: +61 3 9685 9419
Fax: +61 3 9685 9358
|Subject Overview:||Students will be provided with the opportunity to apply theoretical knowledge developed within the course, to a practical work environment and observe professional practice within the field of community cultural develoment practice.|
|Objectives:||On completion of this subject the student should be able to: |
• display an ability for intellectual discourse
• confidently communicate verbal and written skills
• exhibit the skills to interpret, analyse and problem solve
• demonstrate an understanding of community cultural development theoretical frameworks, philosophy, history and practice
• present a developed knowledge of the creative processes within community based arts practice
• express community cultural development theory and practice in an accessible form at community level, through both written and oral methods
• demonstrate leadership and mentor skills.
|Assessment:||Documentation and/or project journal totalling 1,500 words (35%); report from placement mentor/supervisor (15%); critical and reflective analysis of the practicuum of 2,000 words (50%).|
|Breadth Options:|| |
This subject is not available as a breadth subject.
|Fees Information:||Subject EFTSL, Level, Discipline & Census Date|
At the completion of the subject students should be able to:
Postgraduate Diploma in Community Cultural Development Practice |
Download PDF version.