Note: This is an archived Handbook entry from 2011.
|Dates & Locations:|| |
This subject has the following teaching availabilities in 2011:Semester 2, Parkville - Taught on campus.
Timetable can be viewed here. For information about these dates, click here.
|Time Commitment:||Contact Hours: 4 hours a week (48 hours total). |
Total Time Commitment: 120 hours
|Prerequisites:|| The following subject: |
Study Period Commencement:
Study Period Commencement:
Not offered in 2011
|Recommended Background Knowledge:||None specified|
|Non Allowed Subjects:||None specified|
|Core Participation Requirements:||
For the purposes of considering requests for Reasonable Adjustments under the Disability Standards for Education (Cwth 2005), and Students Experiencing Academic Disadvantage Policy, academic requirements for this subject are articulated in the Subject Description, Subject Objectives, Generic Skills and Assessment Requirements of this entry.
The University is dedicated to provide support to those with special requirements. Further details on the disability support scheme can be found at the Disability Liaison Unit website: http://www.services.unimelb.edu.au/disability/
CoordinatorDr Ajibade Aibinu
Environments and Design Student Centre
Ground Floor, Baldwin Spencer (building 113)
Phone: 13 MELB (13 6352)
|Subject Overview:||This subject builds on design cost management and cost management and understanding from construction services. It comprises further measurement, quantification and documentation of building works and measurement of civil engineering works. Topics include: measurement of building works including substructure (foundation on sloping sites, stepped foundation, columns bases and basement construction, non linear strip foundation, raft foundation); further measurement of superstructure; reinforced concrete structures including frames, columns, beams and slabs; stair in timber and concrete; doors and windows in timber and steel including ironmongery; glazing; floor, wall and ceiling finishing; painting and decorations; measurement of mechanical and electrical installation for simple buildings; measurement of civil engineering works including roads and simple railway work; piling; simple bridges and culverts. The subject will be focused on electronic measurement with CostX software and Building Information Model using Autodesk Revit Architecture Building Design Software.|
|Objectives:||Upon completion of this subject students should be able to: |
Two written assignments each worth 20% (total 40%); 3 hour exam (60%). Students are required to achieve a mark of at least 40% in the exam in order to pass the subject. Attendance and participation in 80% of the tutorials is a mandatory requirement for passing the continuous assessment component of this subject.
|Breadth Options:|| |
This subject is not available as a breadth subject.
|Fees Information:||Subject EFTSL, Level, Discipline & Census Date|
Master of Construction Management |
Master of Construction Management
Download PDF version.