Note: This is an archived Handbook entry from 2009. Search for this in the current handbook
|Dates & Locations:|| |
This subject has the following teaching availabilities in 2009:Semester 1, - Taught on campus.
Timetable can be viewed here. For information about these dates, click here.
|Time Commitment:||Contact Hours: 3 hours per week |
Total Time Commitment: 10 hours per week
Students who are enrolled in the two year 200 point Master of Information Systems must have completed 50 points of study to enrol in this subject.
|Recommended Background Knowledge:||None|
|Non Allowed Subjects:||None|
|Core Participation Requirements:||
It is University policy to take all reasonable steps to minimise the impact of disability upon academic study and reasonable steps will be made to enhance a student's participation in the University's programs. Students who feel their disability may impact upon their active and safe participation in a subject are encouraged to discuss this with the relevant subject coordinator and the Disability Liaison Unit.
CoordinatorDr Mark Dale
ContactMr Mark Dale
Integrating business applications across business functions and companies provides large benefits to organizations. The first phase of this subject concentrates on business processes and enterprise applications including ERP systems. The relationships and flows between ERP and other e-business applications and models, such as customer relationship management systems, e-procurement, supply chain management systems, e-markets, portals, and applications service providers, are established. The second phase emphasizes how these applications can be integrated into an organisation's IT infrastructure. Topics include solution architectures, strategies to deal with legacy applications, and integration versus migration tradeoffs.
Upon completion of this subject, students should be able to:
A 20-25 minute oral presentation due mid semester (15%); a written assignment totalling 2500 words due in week 9 of the semester (35%); a 2-hour written examination in the examination period (50%).
|Prescribed Texts:||There are no prescribed texts for this subject.|
|Breadth Options:|| |
This subject is not available as a breadth subject.
|Fees Information:||Subject EFTSL, Level, Discipline & Census Date|
|Generic Skills:||Students should develop an understanding of ERP applications, their impact on business processes and information systems and the application of different architecture frameworks and tools to ERP integration projects.|
|Links to further information:||http://www.dis.unimelb.edu.au/current/postgrad/subjects/index.html|
Master of Business Administration/Master of Information Systems |
Master of Information Systems
Master of Information Systems
Master of Information Systems (Coursework)
Master of Information Systems/Postgraduate Diploma in Management
Master of Information Technology
Postgraduate Certificate in Information Systems
Postgraduate Diploma in Information Systems
R05 RI Master of Science - Information Systems |
Download PDF version.